Caroline's Blueberry Soup
- 6 cups blueberries, fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp cardamom, ground
- 3/4 cup peaches, skinned, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Hunt Country Vidal Blanc Ice Wine or Late Harvest Vignoles
1. In a saucepan, combine blueberries, peaches, sugar, lemon juice and cardamom.
2. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir until sugar dissolves, about 7 minutes.
3. Slightly cool blueberry mixture; transfer to a blender container; purée.
4. In a bowl, combine fruit purée with wine. Strain mixture through a fine sieve.
5. Cool well.
Serve in small bowls or dessert wine glasses
Sour Cream Swirl
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream or half & half
Sugar to taste
Mix sour cream with about the same amount of whipping cream, sweeten to taste with sugar. Make a little swirl on each bowl of sour or add a dollop to the dessert glasses.
Serve with a glass of Vidal Blanc Ice Wine or Late Harvest Vignoles.
Adapted by Caroline Boutard Hunt from recipe by Executive Chef and Co-Owner Marcus Samuelsson, Aquavit, New York City. In Sweden, chilled blueberry soup is a popular summer treat that’s equally welcome as an appetizer or dessert.