WINE SHIPPING FAQs
- What are your shipping rates for wine?
- Where do you ship to?
- No one is generally at home during the day to sign for my wine delivery. What can I do?
- What delivery companies do you use, and what days of the week do they deliver?
- Why are you unable to ship wine to my state?
- How long do you take to process and ship an order?
- I'm a member of the Hunt Country Wine Lovers club, but can't find my sign-on information.
- How will I know when my order will be delivered?
- What happens if no one is at home to sign for the package when UPS or FedEx arrives?
- Why was my card was declined? I know my account is fine.
- From the time you ship my package, how long does it take to arrive?
We regularly offer FREE Ground Shipping on all orders of 12 or more bottles to all of our licensed states in the Lower 48. If we're offering a special deal on FREE SHIPPING, you'll see that at the top of the wine pages.
12+ bottles 6-11 bottles 1-5 bottles East of Mississippi: DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, VT, VA, WV FREE 16.95 14.95 West of Mississippi: CA, CO, IA, ID, MN, MO, ND, NV, OR, TX, WA, WY FREE 18.95 16.95
Important: By law, wine must be purchased, and signed for at the time of delivery, by a person at least 21 years of age. Deliveries are normally made Monday through Friday via UPS Ground.
District of Columbia
Some states prohibit the shipment of specific wines to their residents.
By law, wine deliveries must be signed for by a person at least 21 years of age. Our standard service - UPS Ground - delivers packages Monday-Fridays during normal business hours. So what are your options if you can't be home during the day to sign for your wine order?
1. Have the wine shipped to your workplace.
2. Have the wine shipped to an adult friend or neighbor, either at their home or business.
We use UPS to deliver to both residences and businesses, Monday though Friday.
Each state has laws that govern the shipment and taxation of wine to its wholesalers, retailers and consumers, as well as an alcoholic beverage control organization to enforce those laws.
- Most states allow wineries to ship wine directly to their adult residents, as long as the winery obtains a license from the state and regularly remits sales/excise taxes to the state.
- In some states, direct wine shipping is legal, but the fees are prohibitively expensive for many small wineries (e.g. Connecticut, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Carolina).
- In other states, a winery might be disqualified on the basis of its size (Arizona) or some other technicality.
- A few states prohibit direct wine shipment entirely (e.g. Mississippi, Utah).
Orders received by noon Eastern Time are typically shipped the next business day.
Orders received after noon Eastern Time are typically shipped the following day.
However, this can vary slightly depending on the volume of orders.
Click on the "Login" link, which can be found in the upper right side of any page on HuntWines.com. Once you've clicked on that link, you'll find yourself on the Member Login page. Below the boxes for username and password, there is a link to click on to request your username and/or password based on your email address.
If using that system fails to work, please feel free to contact us at 800.946.3289 during the regular work week (M-F) from 9am-5pm. You may also email email@example.com to request your username and password.
You will receive an email from UPS or FedEx with a link to the Tracking Number and estimated delivery date/time for your shipment.
They will leave a slip of paper at your door saying that they attempted to deliver. These notices generally have a phone number to call and/or the address of their local depot. In most cases, you can arrange to pick the package up there. If they do not hear from you, they will attempt to delivery it again. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, the wine will be returned to us. In that case, we're sorry but we'll need to charge you to ship it again.
Credit cards are rarely declined. The most common reasons when they are:
- Credit limit on the account has been exceeded.
- The Billing Information entered on our website does not match the name and address of the credit card holder's account.
- Debit cards can occasionally be rejected, even if there are sufficient funds in the account. Please call us at 800.946.3289 in this instance.
- Corporate credit cards can occasionally be rejected, due to controls that company management may have placed on purchases of specific types of products, like alcoholic beverages.
Normal transit times for Ground service (from shipping to receipt, excluding inclement weather):
1-2 business days: CT, DC, DE, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV
2-3 business days: GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MN, MO, NC, SC, TN, WI
3-4 business days: AL, AR, FL, KS, LA, MS, ND, NE, OK, SD
4-5 business days: CO, MT, TX, UT, WY
5-6 business days: AZ, CA, ID, NM, NV, OR, WA