WINE SHIPPING FAQs
- What are your shipping rates for wine?
- Where do you ship to?
- When should I order wine to make sure it arrives before Dec. 25?
- No one is generally at home during the day to sign for my wine delivery. What can I do?
- What delivery companies do you use, and what days of the week do they deliver?
- Why are you unable to ship wine to my state?
- How long do you take to process and ship an order?
- I'm a member of the Hunt Country Wine Lovers club, but can't find my sign-on information.
- How will I know when my order will be delivered?
- What happens if no one is at home to sign for the package when UPS or FedEx arrives?
- Why was my card was declined? I know my account is fine.
- From the time you ship my package, how long does it take to arrive?
- How does ordering and shipping Hunt Country Gear work?
We are offering FREE Ground Shipping on all orders of 6 (six) or more bottles to all of our licensed states in the Lower 48 through Friday, Dec. 18, 2020. Does not include Special Delivery Service options.
6+ bottles 1-5 bottles East of Mississippi: DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI FREE 14.95 West of Mississippi: CA, CO, IA, ID, MN, MO, MT, ND, NV, OR, TX, WA, WY FREE 16.95
Important: By law, wine must be purchased, and signed for at the time of delivery, by a person at least 21 years of age. Deliveries are normally made Monday through Friday by UPS (except VT and MT by FedEx Ground).
Alaska: We have a special shipping program.
Maine: The state prohibits the shipment of some wines to its residents.
New Jersey: We cannot ship our champagne.
To give your wine the best chance of arriving before Dec. 25, here are the dates you should order by. Remember: These dates are based on the destination of the wine. And they're our best guess! Shipping and delivery are going to be busier than ever this year because of pandemic limitations combined with the regular holiday shopping season. So be sure to give your wine plenty of time to get where it's going!
Monday, Dec. 14: CA, ID, MT, NV, OR, TX, WA, WY
Tuesday, Dec. 15: CO, FL, LA, ND
Wednesday, Dec. 16: GA, IA, MI (Upper Penninsula), MN, MO, NC, TN, WI
Thursday, Dec. 17: DC, IL, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI (Lower Penninsula), NH, NJ, NY (downstate, metro, Long Island), OH, PA, VT, VA, WV
Friday, Dec. 18: NY (upstate)
By law, wine deliveries must be signed for by a person at least 21 years of age. Our standard service - UPS Ground - delivers packages Monday-Fridays during normal business hours. So what are your options if you can't be home during the day to sign for your wine order?
1. Select a Special Delivery Service from FedEx:
FedEx Date Certain Home Delivery: Delivers wine to a residence on the specific day you wish, Tuesday-Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. (exact time not specified). $5 Add to order
FedEx Evening Home Delivery: Delivers wine to your home between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday evenings (exact date and time not specified) by FedEx Home Delivery service. $10 Add to order
FedEx Appointment Home Delivery: Delivers wine to a residence at a specific date and time, Tuesday-Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Fedex will call the phone number on your order to arrange an appointment with you. $20 Add to order
Click here to learn more or to add a special delivery service to your order.
2. Have the wine shipped to your workplace.
3. Have the wine shipped to an adult friend or neighbor, either at their home or business.
State UPS Ground FedEx Ground
Deliveries to residences:
Deliveries to businesses:
(Special Delivery options
All states except North Dakota, Montana & Vermont YES Upon request North Dakota YES Not available Montana & Vermont Not available YES
Each state has laws that govern the shipment and taxation of wine to its wholesalers, retailers and consumers, as well as an alcoholic beverage control organization to enforce those laws.
- Most states allow wineries to ship wine directly to their adult residents, as long as the winery obtains a license from the state and regularly remits sales/excise taxes to the state.
- In some states, direct wine shipping is legal, but the fees are prohibitively expensive for many small wineries (e.g. Connecticut, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Carolina).
- In other states, a winery might be disqualified on the basis of its size (Arizona) or some other technicality.
- A few states prohibit direct wine shipment entirely (e.g. Mississippi, Utah).
- Orders received by noon Eastern Time are shipped the next business day.
- Orders received after noon Eastern Time are shipped the following day.
Click on the "Login" link, which can be found in the upper right side of any page on HuntWines.com. Once you've clicked on that link, you'll find yourself on the Member Login page. Below the boxes for username and password, there is a link to click on to request your username and/or password based on your email address.
If using that system fails to work, please feel free to contact Karsten König at 800.946.3289 during the regular work week (M-F) from 9am-5pm. You may also email Karsten@HuntWines.com to request your username and password.
You will receive an email from UPS or FedEx with a link to the Tracking Number and estimated delivery date/time for your shipment.
They will leave a slip of paper at your door saying that they attempted to deliver. These notices generally have a phone number to call and/or the address of their local depot. In most cases, you can arrange to pick the package up there. If they do not hear from you, they will attempt to delivery it again. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, the wine will be returned to us. In that case, we're sorry but we'll need to charge you to ship it again.
Credit cards are rarely declined. The most common reasons when they are:
- Credit limit on the account has been exceeded.
- The Billing Information entered on our website does not match the name and address of the credit card holder's account.
- Debit cards can occasionally be rejected, even if there are sufficient funds in the account. Please call us at 800.946.3289 in this instance.
- Corporate credit cards can occasionally be rejected, due to controls that company management may have placed on purchases of specific types of products, like alcoholic beverages.
Normal transit times for Ground service (from shipping to receipt, excluding inclement weather):
1-2 business days: CT, DC, DE, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV
2-3 business days: GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MN, MO, NC, SC, TN, WI
3-4 business days: AL, AR, FL, KS, LA, MS, ND, NE, OK, SD
4-5 business days: CO, MT, TX, UT, WY
5-6 business days: AZ, CA, ID, NM, NV, OR, WA
We are now selling select Hunt Country Gear — t-shirts, hoodies, blankets, etc. — through our website. Which is super exciting for all of us. But to state the obvious: t-shirts and hoodies and blankets aren’t wine. So shipping these items to you is a tad different than shipping wine. Here are some important things to know:
1. There are different shipping costs for Hunt Country Gear.
Order Total Shipping Cost $0 - $30 $5 $30.01 - $50 $8 $50.01 - $80 $13 $80.01 and up $20
2. Hunt Country Gear ships separately from any wine you order. These items are put in packaging intended specifically for mailing these kinds of products and are sent through the U.S. Postal Service. (No, we don’t just stuff a t-shirt into the empty space in a case of wine.)
3. Members of our Wine Lovers club get the same 10% discount on Hunt Country Gear when ordered online as they get when purchasing these same items in our Tasting Room. (Pretty sweet, huh?)