From November 13 to December 20, we’re offering $5 Shipping on orders of 4 to 11 bottles of wine. $5 Shipping is automatically applied. Here’s the Fine Print:
* Applies to orders of 4 to 11 bottles. (12 or more bottles always ship for free.)
* Applies to orders placed between 12:01 AM on Monday, November 13 and 11:59 PM on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
* Applies to orders being sent to addresses within the continental United States. (We’re really sorry, Alaska. E kala mai, Hawai'i.)
* Standard ground shipping. Does not include special delivery service options.
* $5 Shipping is subject to the same “Guaranteed Dates” as standard ground shipping. If you want the order to arrive by Christmas, make sure you order by the specified date for the shipping destination.
If you have any questions at all about $5 Shipping, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-946-3289.
Or start shopping right now!
We offer FREE Ground SHIPPING on all wine orders totaling 12 or more bottles to all of our licensed states in the Lower 48. Mix and match as you see fit. Does not include Special Delivery Service options.
12+ bottles 4-11 bottles 1-3 bottles East of Mississippi => DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI FREE 5.00 11.95 West of Mississippi => CA, CO, IA, ID, MN, MO, MT, NM, ND, NV, OR, TX, WA, WY FREE 5.00 13.95
Important: By law, wine must be purchased, and signed for at the time of delivery, by a person at least 21 years of age. Deliveries are normally made Monday through Friday by UPS (except VT and MT by FedEx Ground).
DESTINATION ORDER BY California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming Friday
Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, and North Dakota Monday
Georgia, Iowa, Michigan (upper peninsula), Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Wisconsin Tuesday
District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan (lower peninsula), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York (Long Island, NYC/metro area, Hudson Valley), Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia
New York (Upstate) Thursday
To make sure we can do our part to get your wine to the destination by Christmas, your order must be received by 12:00 pm (noon) EST on date listed in the chart above. These dates apply to UPS Ground shipments only.
Alaska: we have a special shipping program.
Maine: prohibits the shipment of some wines to its residents.
New Jersey: we cannot ship our champagne.
The Wine Institute maintains up-to-date information on every state's wine shipping laws and regulations.
By law, wine deliveries must be signed for by a person at least 21 years of age. Our standard service - UPS Ground - delivers packages Monday-Fridays during normal business hours. So what are your options if you can't be home during the day to sign for your wine order?
1. Select a Special Delivery Service from FedEx:
FedEx Date Certain Home Delivery: Delivers wine to a residence on the specific day you wish, Tuesday-Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. (exact time not specified). $5 Add to order
FedEx Evening Home Delivery: Delivers wine to your home between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday evenings (exact date and time not specified) by FedEx Home Delivery service. $10 Add to order
FedEx Appointment Home Delivery: Delivers wine to a residence at a specific date and time, Tuesday-Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Fedex will call the phone number on your order to arrange an appointment with you. $20 Add to order
Click here to learn more or to add a special delivery service to your order.
2. Have the wine shipped to your workplace.
3. Have the wine shipped to an adult friend or neighbor, either at their home or business.
State UPS Ground FedEx Ground
Deliveries to residences:
Deliveries to businesses:
(Special Delivery options
All states except North Dakota, Montana & Vermont YES Upon request North Dakota YES Not available Montana & Vermont Not available YES
Each state has laws that govern the shipment and taxation of wine to its wholesalers, retailers and consumers, as well as an alcoholic beverage control organization to enforce those laws.
- Most states allow wineries to ship wine directly to their adult residents, as long as the winery obtains a license from the state and regularly remits sales/excise taxes to the state.
- In some states, direct wine shipping is legal, but the fees are prohibitively expensive for many small wineries (e.g. Connecticut, Nebraska, South Carolina).
- In other states, a winery might be disqualified on the basis of its size (Arizona) or some other technicality.
- A few states prohibit direct wine shipment entirely (e.g. Mississippi, Utah).
- Orders received by noon Eastern Time are shipped the next business day.
- Orders received after noon Eastern Time are shipped the following day.
Click on the "Login" link, which can be found in the upper right side of any page on HuntWines.com. Once you've clicked on that link, you'll find yourself on the Member Login page. Below the boxes for username and password, there is a link to click on to request your username and/or password based on your email address.
If using that system fails to work, please feel free to contact Andy Marshall at 800.946.3289 during the regular work week (M-F) from 9am-5pm. You may also email Andy@HuntWines.com to request your username and password.
You will receive an email from UPS or FedEx with a link to the Tracking Number and estimated delivery date/time for your shipment.
They will leave a slip of paper at your door saying that they attempted to deliver. These notices generally have a phone number to call and/or the address of their local depot. In most cases, you can arrange to pick the package up there. If they do not hear from you, they will attempt to delivery it again. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, the wine will be returned to us. In that case, we're sorry but we'll need to charge you to ship it again.
Credit cards are rarely declined. The most common reasons when they are:
- Credit limit on the account has been exceeded.
- The Billing Information entered on our website does not match the name and address of the credit card holder's account.
- Debit cards can occasionally be rejected, even if there are sufficient funds in the account. Please call us at 800.946.3289 in this instance.
- Corporate credit cards can occasionally be rejected, due to controls that company management may have placed on purchases of specific types of products, like alcoholic beverages.
Normal transit times for Ground service (from shipping to receipt, excluding inclement weather):
1-2 business days: CT, DC, DE, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV
2-3 business days: GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MN, MO, NC, SC, TN, WI
3-4 business days: AL, AR, FL, KS, LA, MS, ND, NE, OK, SD
4-5 business days: CO, MT, TX, UT, WY
5-6 business days: AZ, CA, ID, NM, NV, OR, WA