Hunt Country Sherried Crostini - Blue Cheese, Walnuts, and Pears
- 4 ozs blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsps Hunt Country Cream Sherry
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 16 baguette slices
- 1 pear, medium, thinly sliced
1. Let the blue cheese and butter stand in a small bowl at room temperature about 30 minutes.
2. Mash with a fork till well combined. Stir in cream sherry and chopped walnuts.
3. Top each slice of bread with a pear slice and each pear slice with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese mixture.
4. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 4-5 inches from heat about 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve hot with a glass of Cream Sherry.